Remembering Ourselves - Dabby Tony- Muoh


Image from Dabby
Describe yourself in three words

Clever, caring & cheerful

What are you afraid of?

Hmm is this a trick question? Well, I'm afraid of not being as great a man as my father. I view this fear as positive because it is a driving force for me to strive to be better. 

What is love to you?

Love is sacrifice, love is selflessness, love is putting the needs of others before yours. I feel humans do not love one another enough, else there would be so many things one cannot do to a fellow human being. The world definitely needs more lovers.

What is freedom to you?

Many people, especially youth, feel that freedom is the ability to do anything just because they can, but no... that's not really freedom. In fact, I feel that as humans, we are never really "free". Not even after the legal age of 18 (21 in some countries). I will steal an example from my country Nigeria, where hawkers sell items like cold drinks & handkerchiefs on the busy roads under scorching sun. Such a hawker HAS the cold drinks to refresh him/herself or the hankies to wipe the sweat but WON'T do that. Such a hawker has the freedom, but still won't do it. This is to show that that we have the ability to do something (freedom) doesn't mean we can or should do it. No man is an island, there are people around us that our actions affect - family, friends, co-workers etc. So in fact, no one is ever really "free". 

What are you passionate about?

 I am passionate about succeeding and about leaving a long-lasting impact on the world long after I'm gone... Like the Wright brothers, fathers of modern aviation.

What is happiness to you?

Happiness is knowing God. One cannot know true happiness without knowing God, for only He can give peace of mind.

What is beautiful to you?

Beautiful... what is beautiful? Well they say that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I very much agree. What is beautiful to someone might not appeal to you. But one thing I know is for sure, there is beauty all around us, we just have to open our minds and tune our eyes to capture it. 

Who are you?

I am Dabby Tony-Muoh

 Any favourite quotes and why?

I don't have any favourite favourite quotes right now but I will propose a quote myself: "A simple formula to success is: know God, work hard and avoid sin as much as you can"

Favourite food?

 I eat a lot, and I mean A LOT, so it's really too difficult to pick one food and call it my favourite!

What ethnicity are you?

 Hard to guess if you don't know my family; I'm Igbo. 

Where are you from?

I am from Neni, Aniocha Local Government in Anambra State.

What does this mean to you?

This means a lot to me because we are in the age where languages are dying out and being replaced by English. I am proud that my parents spoke Igbo to me and that I understand the language now as well as being able to speak it. It is now my task to speak it to and make sure my children, and their children's children keep the language alive and the culture too!


Comments

Popular Posts