#RememberingOurselves

Photograph by Rani Tahouf

Describe yourself in three words
Stubborn, Competitive, Over-thinker

What are you afraid of?
Mortality - I'm working on it though

What is love to you?
Love is finding the people in your life that you'd rather sacrifice everything for (your comfort zone, ego, life) than face the slightest chance of losing them.

What is freedom to you?
Freedom, to me, is overcoming the fear of failure. 

What are you passionate about?
Finding new and creative ways to express myself.

What is happiness to you?
Happiness, to me, is that moment in time when you forget to think or analyse and allow yourself to just feel.

What is beautiful to you?
Beautiful is something so aesthetically or emotionally pleasing that it leaves you in a dazed state. 

Who are you?
My name is Ayanam Udoma and I feel like my life will be one of those long films (after all art imitates life) with several low points and scatterings of redemption (just to keep viewers hooked!) and it'll have a huge plot twist at the very end that will leave those that stuck it out thinking "ohhh I get it now!".   


Any favourite quotes and why?
"If you can honestly say that you've left the world a better place than when you first entered it...you've lived a good life." 

- This might be somewhat paraphrased as it was verbally spoken to me but it's what my granny told me when I asked her about death. 

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others." - JFK 
I think everyone should be allowed to believe or not believe in anything they want to as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process. Be secure enough in your own faith that you don't feel a need to put others down.  

Favourite food?
Fried Rice

Favourite film?
One I recently watched that had a huge impact on me was "Pleasantville". Made me question a lot of things. 

What ethnicity are you?
Mixed

Where are you from?
Nigeria/UK 

What does this mean to you?
It means I'm a little harder to label. 

Comments

Popular Posts