Illuminate 2015

I volunteered at the Illuminate festival this year. It is an eight day long festival of projections,performance,installations and illumination. It is run by Anthony Head a creative director from Bath Spa University and his wife Tasmin Head who is the event producer.It ran from the 3rd January to 10th.I volunteered on the last two days and I must say it was great fun. As a volunteer we all had different roles which went on for about 3 hours. It was in the centre of Bath so it was very accessible to everyone and it being free made it easy for everyone to come along and enjoy themselves. I helped distribute guides in and around Bath, acted as a one of the stewards for one of the art works and carried out audience research.

There is one part I really remember the art work I was stewarding was in 3D and some kids came to see it with their mother and by the end they were all lying on the floor as they thought they could catch the coins falling out of the art work. Their mum joined them too and it was really cute to see their reactions to the work.

I really enjoyed volunteering as it was fun, got to meet new people and saw some amazing art works that inspired me.










Comments

Popular Posts