Natural Hair Feature: Whitney Madueke

Who is Whitney?

Whitney Madueke is a natural hair blogger and natural hair stylist at Leazz Way. A fashion blogger at Desourire. A believer that beauty should be shared with all. I am 20 and currently studying Law at the University of Reading.

When did you start your natural hair journey?

I transitioned from the 20th June 2012 to 13th March 2013. My big chop was a lovely sunny day. I have been natural for nearly 2 years now.
Why did you go natural?

I was relaxed for most if not all of my life. It was in 2011, I was really drawn to the natural hair movement. As a tumblr addict, I saw a lot of beautiful men and women with natural with different hair lengths, colours, styles etc. At that time I was really borrowed with relaxed hair and I wanted something different. After my first trial in 2011, I went back to relaxer because I had this Rihanna haircut, everyone insisted it would be better relaxed. After that I knew I was over relaxed hair and so I transitioned again in 2012 and now I am here.
I really love the beauty of natural hair. Its Gods gift to us and I love embracing it to its fullest. I share this on Leazz Way.

What is your hair type?

I have type 4c hair. Predominantly tightly coiled with a lot of hair shrinkage.

Style regime?

It really depends. I am usually in between protective styles or my natural hair. Natural hair allows me to be very experimental with different hair looks. I go from box braids, wigs, twist outs, a wash n go afro to anything that catches my eye.
When my hair is out. It usually consists of washing every 2 days and deep conditioning in the weekends. I have not had my hair out this year. But last year, I always had it in my shrinkage afro. I would wash with my V05 alberto conditioner, use a cotton t-shirt to soak up excess water, apply my jojoba oil, Indian hemp (LOC method) and just fluff out my hair with my fingers. I don’t use combs to avoid breakage. Then I let it air dry. I have videos here - How I Deep Condition My Hair + My Wash n Go Afro & My Daily Hair Routine

Favourite go to hairstyles?

I usually have my hair in my shrinkage afro – wash n go. Its super easy and I just have to wash, apply products, fluff out with my hands and I am set!

Three favourite products and why?

Indian Hemp – This baby, has been with me even with relaxed hair and it always helped my hair grow faster and just give me softer hair. Its an awesome product.
 Shea Moistures Extra Moisture Deep Treatment Masque- SOFT & FLUFFY HAIR!! This is my weekly product and for those crazy dry hair moments, it always revives my hair, its such a great moisture punch to my dry prune hair.
 V05 Alberto Shampoo & Conditioner – These products are always available for me and they are just great sulfate free products and not drying at all. I love them!

Any hair recipes?

Yes lots. This is my fav one - How I Trim My 4C Natural Hair – I used it to trim my tangled matted hair and it was just so great. My knots and tangles melted away. I have noticed thicker products work better on my 4c hair and it helps tame it.

Unusual products you use on your hair?

Apple Cider Vinegar? This really helps me with my itchy scalp. Using it as a rinse to clarify and help get rid of any itching.

Hair inspiration?

Its really anyone that can embrace their natural hair in its full glory; Being confident and bold enough to carry your hair with pride. That’s my hair inspiration.
I love people like Solange, lupita Nyong'o and Julia Sarr Jamois ,they have amazing Afros and really proud to rock it.

Dos and Don’ts for your hair?

Dos – Always deep condition with protein and moisture treatments for a better hair journey. Adding steaming sessions too give great results.
-a hair routine helps with caring and obtaining healthy long hair.
- handle with care. Avoid combs on dry hair and go for your fingers instead.
Don’t – follow trends/product hype. Everyones hair is different no matter what. Be careful when you go binge buying, do your research first.
-buy products without reading the label and ingredients content.
-neglect your hair as dry hair becomes brittle and prune to breakage.

What is your hair advice for other people with natural hair?

Rock your hair with confidence. Embrace those curls and no one can define your beauty except you! Always remember to reach to me or other naturalists for help with you need it. We are one big supportive community.

What other social media sites can we find you on?

Google+: leazz way & whitney Madueke
Snapchat: desourire
Email: Leazway@gmail.com









some of Whitney's products





Comments

Popular Posts